Wednesday, July 22, 2026

July 22, 2026 - Salem

 


Title: July 22, 2026 -  Salem

Passport Recieved
Hike Info:
Type:Travel

Description:

Before going to bed last night, I saw there was a significant amount of lightning in the reporting area. I thought I would be getting up at 5am, instead it was almost 6. Good thing I had done this a couple of times with my travel set up. Even then, I had a few issues and got the reports out right at 8am.

I had my breakfast, then Andrea, RipTide-now called Toste, and I went out for a walk. We just went to the grounds of the Oregon State Hospital and came back. Enjoyable little excursion before it got too hot. Then Andrea and I went to Costco. She picked up supplies and I put gas in the car for our trip tomorrow. While we were out, Sherri celebrated! Why? Because we are out? Negative, because FedEx brought her passport. Now she can go to Canada.

Tap Root
When we came back, I read for a few minutes until the words on the screen started to go blurry,my eyes closed and the phone hit me in the chest. I think I woke up an hour later.

Afterwards, we migrate down to the basement where it is significantly cooler. There we discussed the plans for the next week up in Canada. Andrea has set up the logistics such as hotels and itinerary. We just needed to fill in some gaps with possibilities.

After our discussion, Andrea made lunch and I fell asleep after eating. I think I slept for another hour and a half. I guess I was more tired than I thought. Did yesterday take more out of me than I anticpated?

When I woke up, it was warm in the front room-not hot like yesterday. I lounge around a bit more, not doing anything really meaningful. When Lawrence came home from work-somebody had to work, don,t they? We all went for a walk with RipTide.



Decibel Meter

Then it was time for dinner. We went out to a local place in Salem called The TapRoot. Did Lawrence and Andrea take us there last year? I think so. It has good bar food. While service was a bit slow, it gave us time just to enjoy each other’s company. One point of discussion was a meter we saw up above the bar area. I asked what it was? Our waiter said a decibel meter. This turned into a center of conversation. The food was good. Andrea had a Soul Bowl with BBQ Chicken; Lawrence the Bacon Jam Elk Burger; Sherri was the same while I had the O.G.cheese burger.

When we got back, Andrea packed, Sherri finished packing and I took a refreshing shower. Evidently while I was in the shower, there was some lightning activity. Then it is loafing around the rest of the evening. I went to bed around 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment