Tuesday, April 4, 2023

April 4, 2023 - Washington DC

 


Title: April 4, 2023 - Washington DC
Hike Info : Description




Hike Info:
Type:Tourist

Description:

Our last, brief morning in DC. We are flying back to California today. I am a bit anxious because I am unsure of my timings of getting to the airport. So I wake up before 5 and have my granola breakfast. I am almost completely packed, except for a few things I need this morning. Sherri gets up at five.

Leaving DC and suburbs

We left the Vrbo at 5:45, five minutes after I wanted to leave. As we approach NoMa Metro Station, we see the train we were to take leave. The next one comes at 5:56. At Metro Station, we hop off of the Red Line and head down to the Silver Line and take it to Dulles. This is a long ride, about an hour. We got to the airport about 7:10, about ten minutes later than I was hoping. Am I being to nervous about getting to places?

There is a long walk to get from the Metro station to the terminals and when we do, we are greeted by a line for TSA which DisneyLand would be envious of. We pick it up right when we enter the terminal building. But it loops back and forth and then down an escalator. Then more back and forth before being greeted by the TSA agent. I will say they are improving. We handed him our drivers license. From that, he does not need to see our boarding pass as it will confirm we have a pass. Pretty good. Then to get che
cked out-only five more years until we do not need to take off our shoes. I make sure I do not lose anything going through the TSA check.

It is now close to 8am. We get settled in, barely getting in a restroom stop before boarding takes place. Is this just good timing or did we cut it too close? We get boarded and the plane is 100% full. But at least it leaves on time. During the flight, we read, nap, play games and relax.

We get to LAX a few minutes early. Rachel just got out of a meeting and will be picking us up. After walking through the LAX maze we ended up in the pick up area for terminal 6. Rachel comes along in 20 minutes and takes us to her and Edrees’ apartment. We have eaten lunch already, so we are not hungry. But we are tired from waking up early this morning. So we slept or lounged around for most of the afternoon.

Rachel has been fixing dinner when Edrees comes home. Edrees’ mother was here before us, so we are getting left overs. The Afghani (Iranian?) food does not seem like leftovers to me. It may be because it is different from my normal diet or because of Rachel’s prep skills. I do manage to make a mess by spilling my water. It is good and I am content. We watch today’s Jeopardy and after talking for a few minutes afterwards, Sherri and I both feel like it is time to go to bed-it is before 9pm.






No comments:

Post a Comment