Sunday, July 25, 2021

July 25, 2021 - Grant Grove

Title: July 25, 2021 - Grant Grove


Trail head: Sunset Campground, Grant Grove, Site 103
Hike Info:

Type: Car

Description:

I got up at 6:00. After looking at the lightning report from yesterday, I continued to get packed for our camping trip at Grant Grove. Why should I be excited about going somewhere I visit at least once a month? Or which I spent four days last week in a fire lookout right by it? There is something about not being surrounded by four solid walls, something where there are less layers between you and the early morning sunlight. Something about being surrounded by trees when you wake up. Your comfort does not depend on a thermostat, but on your state of mind.

At 9:00, I watched church. There is something so wrong with that statement, watch church. I think that church is something to be part of, a time of worship, a time of gathering of fellow believers, rather than a form of entertainment. But seeing it on YouTube makes it more of something to receive, than an equal part of giving and receiving. It does not cost me anything, except an hour, and forbid it takes more than an hour to do that. I am getting too much into thinking.

After church, I continued to get ready. But no breakfast yet, so I started to snack. We finally ordered from the Train Depot at 11:00 and it arrived at our house-we pick up- a little before noon. By this time I have been munching for about an hour. So the hamburger I ordered made me feel bloated. Even taking a nap afterwards only gives partial relief.

We finally are ready to go by 4:30. Sherri drives as I am still feeling tired. We get to the campsite, #103, a little after 6:00. It is set up on a little knoll, a bit higher than the rest of the sites in the area. This means we are a little bit more isolated. It also means we will carry stuff up and down this 10’ rise. Not bad. It is a plus that there are a couple places to pitch a tent.

At 6:30, we do our Sunday family Zoom call-phone only. We finished putting the camp together, and pitching the tent. The connection on my phone drops occasionally. Still it is a nice thing to be able to do a family talk out here. The advantage in living in this day and age-not isolated.

Then it is sandwiches for dinner. Then play a round of Cribbage-I had some very good hands. Then we get into our sleeping bags and read until 10:15. I go to sleep pretty quickly.

Menu
 Breakfast Lunch Dinner Snacks

Train Depot Restaurant


Sandwiches



No comments:

Post a Comment