Friday, November 4, 2022

November 4, 2022 - Lewis Creek Trail

 


Title: November 4, 2022 - Lewis Creek Trail


Hike Info:

Type: Hiking 

Trail head: Highway 41 turnout

Trail: Lewis Creek

Destination: Red Rock Falls

Distance:  3.28 miles 1

Start Time:  2:00

End Time:   5:00

Elevation Rise:  696'

Descent: 696‘

Maximum Elevation: 4,213'


 1A GPS was not taken on this hike. Data is from plotting the trail on Google Earth.
Description:
Gary

With all of my working in the front yard, I am trying to get out and do something I really enjoy, such as hiking or being in a fire lookout. So today, we are going to go on a hike. The “we” is Sherri, Steven, Korra and myself.

But first there are a few things. I get up at my normal time and do the normal stuff: have my quiet time, read, and do the lookout lightning report. I also spend about an hour digging up a pathway in the front yard. And then there is the OSHER Book Club. We discussed Marie Benedict’s

Sherri
The Personal Librarian. It is a book which holds your interest, a fictionalized telling of JP Morgan’s librarian Belle Greene. I think her life is interesting enough without having to resort to fiction.

It is after 11 when my book club finishes. I hunt around and find Sherri and Steven out in the back garden. We have lunch before we go. So it is approaching 1 before we leave for Lewis Creek. Steven is driving, which is good as I want to rest for a bit. We get there about 2pm with a few minutes to get our boots on.

 

 



Steven

This is a trail we have been on many times, particularly in the Fall. Most of the leaves are still green and on the trees. It seems like the last time I crossed Lewis Creek, I had to pick my way across the water. There is a new bridge across the creek.

The air is cool, but pleasant for hiking. Steven and Korra take off as befitting their youth. Sherri and I lag behind, strolling along. enjoying the air and the walk. A couple from out of state stops and talks with us for a while. We give them some tips about what to see. I can tell I have not been on a trail in a while. I have been working hard physically, but not the muscles which are used for hiking. So by the time we reach Red Rock Falls, I am ready to rest.

 

 

 


Korra

There are plenty of reasons to stop at Red Rock. I will say that today, the Falls are rather anemic. But that is to be expected this time of year, particularly with as little rain we had last year. Still it is a good place to stop and have a snack. Food revives our energy levels.

So off we go back to the car. Not much happens. Even though there are a few cut rounds of logs which we lust after, but which are much too heavy to lug back to the car. We stopped at a new place, North Fork BBQ. Sherri and Steven order and I wait in the car with Korra until it comes. Korra only gets to rest about 15 minutes while I am away. The food is good. We will probably add it to our list of places. By the time we get back to Fresno, it is dark. The shower still feels good.






Extra Photo's

Lewis Creek





 
Flowers and Plants




No comments:

Post a Comment