Sunday, August 13, 2023

August 13, 2023 - Eureka

Title: August 13, 2023 - Eureka

Hike Info:
Type: Visiting
 
 
Description:

I woke up at 5:30, not sure if I really wanted to wake up or not. Then I remembered all the lightning alerts from last night and decided that I needed to get up and work on my lightning report. It is a good thing I did. It took me a full two hours to produce it.There was that much lightning. By this time, Sherri was up and David had already gone for his morning walk. I had my breakfast. Then after talking for a little while, we got ready for church.

 This would be at the First Baptist Church of Arcata. David went to church here when he was in college. The sermon was on Psalm 28. The pastor talked about the need to rely on God during our times of need, I think the music ensemble was meant to inspire more college students, which I am far from being. There is a reason why I stick with First Pres Fresno: the music there is much more in line with what reaches me.


When we got back to David’s house, it was a bit after noon. I am feeling tired, so I take a nap. An hour and a half later I got up. Sherri and David have gone for a walk at
Sequoia Park and have already returned.

At least I feel a bit better.We will have an early dinner. David BBQ’s chicken breast in his Traeger and Sherri cooks the Fresno corn. Me? I just loiter around, tagging along with David. The food is good.

After our meal, we went for a walk at Sequoia Park. This is a jewel. The redwoods give a feeling of an old forest inside of a populated area. We walked around for about 50 minutes. I feel pretty good.

When we get back, I take a shower. Then fiddle around with the laptop. We then get on our Sunday family Zoom call. Always good to see our daughters. By the time we get off, it is 8pm. I read for a while. We talk and then David goes to bed at 9 and we start heading to bed at 9:45. Glad we are up here, even though it is a non-eventful day. Just a good day to be with my brother.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment