Friday, June 28, 2024

June 28, 2024 - Salem


Title: June 28, 2024 - Salem
Hike Info : Description 
Hike Info:

Type: Family



Description:

No lightning today at least in my part of the Sierra.. So I slept in until 7:45. I was really tired yesterday, so this felt good. All but Lawrence are sleeping in as well, even Korra. Poor Lawrence needed to go to work.

By the downtown Capitol Park
After everybody got up and had breakfast, we just sat around and talked for a while. The “just” may not be the right word as it implies this is not important. Talking and enjoying each other’s company is what strengthens relationships, even if the conversations are not deep or life changing, it helps to make the relationship for the long term. Besides, I enjoy being with my daughter.

Andrea and I also go over what she wants to do with the backyard landscape. After I make my list of what


to get to make the irrigation system possible. We go to Lowes and pick up the stuff. Also Andrea is looking at replacing part of their deck because the boards are showing some weakness. By the time we get back, it is lunch time. I down my peanut butter and Nutella sandwich then it is time for a bit of a rest.

 

 

Tired out Korra

We have a full afternoon of playing with PVC pipe and drip irrigation. Andrea learns fast about what to do and how to manipulate the piping to get what she wants. By the time Lawrence gets home at 4:30, we are ready for another Lowe's run to get a few more items to complete the system. Lawrence and Steven join me in this quest. By 6, we have the system put together and tested. Only a few leaks to take care of and most of these are at the caps. Success!

Dinner is pulled pork sandwiches. It hits home. With all of the playing in the dirt and a bit of seat, time to take a shower. They have a good one downstairs in the basement. I am feeling good and refreshed. Then it is off to bed before 10-I am tired.




No comments:

Post a Comment