Sunday, February 13, 2022

February 13, 2022-Hawaii: Back to Fresno

Title: February 13, 2022-Hawaii: Back to Fresno

Hike Info:
Type:Car

Description:

It will take a bit of time to get readjusted to being in California. One thing is sleep. I woke up around 5 and spent some time trying to get back to sleep. But I slept until 8-6am Hawaii time. The shower felt good. Then we then went down for breakfast. Pretty filling with oatmeal, an egg omelet and pastry. I even indulged in having a box of chocolate milk-it was very light on the chocolate.

We will be checking out before 11, then go to the Dalma house to see how it has changed before heading down to Gilroy so I can pick up some shoes. Success! Now my family will not quiz me about when will I get new shoes. It just was bit more than I have ever paid for a tennis shoe.

We head over Pacheco Pass and into Los Banos. The pizza place and yogurt frozen desert shops are gone. So we contented ourselves with a Habit burger. By the time we get back to Fresno it is about 4:30.

Packing light, it does not take very long to unpack. Then in a ritual we picked up in Hawaii, there is the catching of the evening sky as the sun goes down-Hawaii’s seem to be more spectacular. But this is our home sky and it seems good just the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment