Tuesday, March 19, 2024

March 19, 2024 - Go to Eureka

 



Title: March 19, 2024 - Go to Eureka

Hike Info : Description : Trail Lessons



Hike Info:

Type: Car

Destination: David’s House


Mileage: 464 Miles

Drive Time:  10:05



Description:

I got up at 7:00am with nobody else up. This means to me that the earliest we will leave is 8:15. After breakfast I start packing what remains in the house and get done about 8:30. In the meantime, Sherri (and Rachel) got up. By the time everything is ready and we are ready to press the gas pedal, it is 9:45-so much for the 8:00 start time. Sherri starts off driving so I am able to relax for a while.

In Livingston, Sherri stops at a Starbucks. We also change drivers. While Sherri’s drive was uneventful. Well, as uneventful as driving through the construction zone in Merced can be. I have to take avoidance maneuvers twice to avoid an accident. Both times a car decided that they could be in the same spot where I was at when they were changing lanes. I wonder if I have my cloaking device left on.



By 12:45, we have made it to Elk Grove which meant lunch at
Leatherby’s! I had Uncle Ronnie’s Tri-Tip sandwich while Sherri had Jessie’s Classic Chicken Pesto. Mine seemed a bit sweet. But then so did the sundae we shared-Valerie’s Black and White. After that we hit the Costco in Elk Grove for gas and then were on our way at 1:45.

Our next stop was at a rest stop just south of Williams. My blood meter decided to let me know that the sundae was very effective at raising my blood sugars. We continued on with Sherri working on a brain puzzle book-this would be a theme throughout our travels these two weeks.

We crossed over Highway 20 and Clear Lake. We needed to stop at another rest stop just north of Willits. It is 5:00pm by now. Even so it was light when we saw the sign for the Avenue of the Giants. We stopped for a lunch break at 6:45 there and finished off the lunch from Leatherbys.

By the time we get to David’s, it is 7:50, which puts us on the road, with rest stops, for about 10 hours. I am pretty tired. Fortunately we have packed so only a bit of stuff needs to come into the house. David and I talked for a little while. But we get to bed by 9:15.



Trail Lesson: Be Alert-you never know what will be coming after you.

No comments:

Post a Comment