Saturday, August 12, 2023

August 12, 2023 - Drive to Eureka

 

Title: August 12, 2023 - Drive to Eureka




Hike Info:
Type:Car
 
Description:

We are starting off on our 14 day journey to Andrea’s and Lawrence’s today. We will take two nights at my brother David’s place, then four nights camping along the Oregon coast-two with Andrea, four nights with Andrea and Lawrence; one night with the Rose’s; and two nights at Castle Crag before we make it back to Fresno. Sounds like a long trip.

We finish loading the car a little after 9. The car while not packed to the roof, it is stuffed with some spilling over into the backseat. We say goodbye to Steven who will be here alone for the two weeks. We leave close to 9:30, about half an hour later than I thought.

I start off driving-I actually end up driving all the way. Sherri is pretty tired. She was concerned last night that she had everything we needed. We stopped at Turlock’s rest stop. Then continue on up highway 99. In June we started a similar trip, but got in an accident where we were all OK. When we reach Ripon where the accident happened, I am a bit anxious to get through it, even though I know that all the other times I have driven that area, nothing bad happened. Still, it is a relief to get through.

In that June time, we were discussing stopping in Elk Grove. Today we made it tol Leatherby’s. We stopped to share a sandwich and a sundae. The sandwich was a Chicken Pesto and the sundae a Black&White with touches of tan (carmel). It is a good way to start our trip.

After lunch--it is 1:20, we continued on to Woodland where we filled up with gas. It is 2:10 by now. This should get us to my brother’s in Eureka. At Williams we went off of I-5 and onto Highway 20. There we passed Clear Lake and made it to Highway 101. Our pace picked up, plus it is a lot more of a scenic drive. That is until I need to make use of a State facility in Laytonville. But then it was smooth driving.

We got to David’s around 6:00. David got us a pizza from Babe’s Pizza. It is pretty good, even if it had a few of my undesirable elements to it. Sherri and David enjoyed those things. It is good to have a brother which you can talk with. And that is what we did until 9:30 when I started to nod off.



No comments:

Post a Comment