Type: Walking, Plane
Trail head: Home2Suite Downtown hotel
Trail: Along the Mississippi, part of the Grand Round
Destination: Loop
Distance: 3.95 miles - As plotted on Google Earth
I got up at 6:15 and saw no lightning to report. Then just lollygagged around for awhile until Sherri got up so we could have breakfast. It is the usual breakfast at our Home2Suite-by usual I am that most anything you might want you can have. The man who is taking care of the food is fast, cheery and friendly-with an attitude which you just wish he was your neighbor.
After breakfast, we get our final bit of packing done. We get checked out of the hotel at 10, leaving three bags at the front desk while we do one last venture into the city.
The first place we go is back to the Visitor Center. Sherri wants to get some gifts she saw last week. The visitor center must choose their people to be extra friendly. While Sherri was browsing, Steve and I talked about various things local. It was enjoyable.![]() |
| Boom Island Lighthouse |
But the main reason why we wanted to do this is to walk north along the Mississippi. Many people accompany us, or at least are on the same path. While we no longer move fast, if we ever did, we are moving a bit slower than yesterday, more of a stroll than something brisk. But we are out here to enjoy not to break records.
We enjoy watching the Mississippi flow by us. We do not see any boats on the river, but see runners across the way going on the trail, returning around the circuit. By the way, the circuit we were on yesterday, the Grand Round? This path is part of it. I can see that the Grand Round is not something you do in one day, unless maybe you are on a bicycle.
We stop at benches to rest, enjoy our final hours in Minnesota, and talk with each other. We do not try to evaluate this trip; only to enjoy the remaining moments.
Our walk takes us as far as the Plymouth Avenue Bridge-we do not cross it, just turn around and start our walk back. We have plenty of time for our ambling back. We do stop and have our lunch around 12:30. Then it is back to the hotel to pick up our bags.
![]() |
| Gary's Confusion |
Along the way, I realized my confusion with Minneapolis streets-at least downtown. Our hotel is on South 2nd. But is that S 2nd St or S 2nd Ave. By now I can somewhat navigate and we find it on S 2nd Ave. We make it there about 1:30.
The plane out of Minneapolis departs pretty close to on time. This is hopeful. We have the same seats as going over 17D&E. Looking back at row 16 and 18, they both seem to have more leg room. Something to note. This is a 737-8Max plane. The flight is uneventful and we land pretty close to the expected arrival time.
This gives us about two hours in Seattle. Sherri grabs a chicken sandwich. I am still content from the sandwich we ate on the plane earlier-you know, my Peanut Butter and Nutella sandwich. I also go to Sherri’s new favorite chocolate place, Dilettante Chocolates. and buy her some chocolate-another 9 piece assorted truffles(expensive, but so good) and some mint creme truffles.
Our plane out of Seattle is late, taking off by about half an hour late. But the pilot thinks we will be making up time because of a tailwind. Rising to cruising altitude, there were a few bumps, but not bad. The original flight was about two and a half hours. But this flight took just a bit over an hour and a half. Was there that much tailwind? Or was the original time inflated? I will never know. We landed about 10:50. By the way, the plane is an Embraer W175. We were in seats 14C&D.
We picked up our checked bag. Steven comes by shortly, about 11:15. It is good to be back and good to see Steven. Within half an hour of arriving home, I am in bed. Sherri comes to bed a few minutes after I do.











No comments:
Post a Comment