Sunday, June 5, 2022

June 5, 2022 - Salem




Title: June 5, 2022 - Salem

Hike Info : DescriptionAnimals : Flowers and Plants



Hike Info:
Type: Hiking

Mileage: 1.5 miles walking



Description:

I woke up around 5 and laid in bed for about an hour. Got up and then looked at the laptop I am using during our travels. Yesterday, the keyboard and the touchpad stopped working. After multiple reboots and trying to change some of the startup settings, the keyboard started working again. But the touchpad, not so. Fortunately, I have an external mouse with me.So I work on a blog from last week.

Lawrence and Andrea fixed us a bacon, egg and potato breakfast. Oh yeah, let's not forget the cheese. Enjoyable meal. Then Andrea needs to take off for work at REI. After lounging around for a while. Lawrence suggests going out for a walk. Sherri and I are up to that.


So he took us to the
Minto-Brown Island Park. We get there about 11:10 and walked for about an hour and a half. There is so much more there to explore. I would say we need to go there about ten more times to get a feel. What we saw was a nice lagoon area, with a lot of greenery. Flowers poked their heads around most everywhere. We had a choice to walk on pavement as well as dirt. We ended up doing about half and half. The final stretch was along the Willamete River. So wide and flowing so well. Nothing like it around our place in Fresno.

We got back to Andrea and Lawrence’s place just before 1. We all had a sandwich. I then read for a bit. Lawrence went off to a rock climbing gym. After Friday’s hike, I decided that I should be looking for some replacement boots. The soles are wearing out. So I went to Andrea’s REI store. The lady who waited on me tried her best to find shoes I could try on, but there was nothing in my size.Oh well. I did see Andrea there. So it made the trip worthwhile. Also got an idea about boots.

The rest of the afternoon I read and relaxed. So not much there. Lawrence fixed us dinner and then we watched Jurassic Park II, ending at 11. Then off to bed.




Animals



 
Flowers and Plants






No comments:

Post a Comment