Monday, August 1, 2022

August 1, 2022 - Going to Eureka

 


Title: August 1, 2022 - Going to Eureka

Hike Info : Description :



Hike Info:
Type:Car

Mileage: 478 Miles

 
 
Description:

Normal morning for me. I did my lightning report-44 strikes. I was able to get off an abbreviated report and then get ready to leave.

By 9:30, we are leaving after eating breakfast and saying goodbye to Steven and Korra. We arrive at the Turlock rest stop by 10:45-good time. We will not be visiting anybody in Turlock this time around. I continue to drive until we hit Elk Grove. There we make what is fast becoming a tradition on our part: Leatherby’s. Since it is almost lunch time, we decide to have a sandwich before a sundae. We both get a chipotle chicken sandwich, which is pretty good. Then the reason to come in is a black and tan sundae.


By this time, it is 1:10 and Sherri drives. I take a nap and wake up just before we head off of I-5 onto Highway 20 at Williams. This cuts us across to Clear Lake. Sherri has had enough of driving for now and I take over. It is 3:15 now. But we do not travel very far until we reach Highway 101. And then a few miles up the road is a gas station on reservation land where we get gas. I am not sure if $5.20 a gallon is cheap or expensive. But they want only cash, so we fill up with $30 worth.

I find this part of the drive pretty nice. The road is wide for the most part. But we go through interesting territory. As we head north, redwoods come into view. Something calming about those forests. But by the time we hit Rio Dell I know we have only a half an hour more of driving. I am ready to see David’s place.

At 6:45, we pull up and bring in our stuff. David is preparing dinner which he has on the table by 7:15. One of the good things about stopping at David’s place is eating. He cooks really well and tonight is no exception. Dinner is chicken pasta with homemade noodles. Just to note, this is only one of the good things as David is an all around good brother. But who else do I have to compare him to as far as being a brother?

After dinner, we talk for a bit, enjoying each other’s company. David even stays up for us, past his normal bed time. But by 9:40, I am ready for bed. My eyes are closed at 10:00.






No comments:

Post a Comment