Sunday, July 19, 2026

July 19, 2026 - Eureka

 Title: July 19, 2026 -  Eureka

Roadside Flowers
Hike Info:
Type:Walking


Description:

When I went to bed last night, I knew there was some lightning to report on. I thought I saw about 15-20 strikes, but they must have been old, because this morning there were only three. Two of them on the upper part of the Middle Fort of the Kings River and one of them just south of Trail Crest. It still took me until 7:30 to finish the report. I think it is mostly a slow lap top.


At 7:30, I had my breakfast. By that time David had come in from this walk. I lounged around for a while. Sherri got up at 8:00. David thinks he will be doing security duty at his church. Sherri and I decided to do YouTube with our church at 10:00. But first, Sherri wants to make a Dutch Brother’s run for some white mocha coffee.

Big Foot Roams the Neighborhood

At 10:05 we start watching the service on
First Presbyterian Church. We have been going through Revelation. But this month the various pastors are giving sermons called By the Spirit. Today it is Jon Jo’s turn. I must be tired as I pretty much slept through about 40 minutes of the 60 minutes of church.

Even after church Sherri and I are not active. Finally around 11;55 we went out for a walk. Sherri and I just walked the neighborhood, about 45 minutes worth. When we were almost home, Don and Denise, who live right down the street from David, passed us. They stopped and talked for a while.

When Sherri and I got back, David already had the TV on and was watching the World Cup Finals of Spain vs Argentina. Some people might call this a boring game after all it was scoreless until the early second overtime when Spain scored. Being a former goalie, both David and I appreciated all of the saves the Argentina goalie had. The score against him, he did not have a chance to defend against.

After awhile, David and I went to Safeway and picked up some Tillamook ice cream. After that I laid down for about 45 minutes until dinner. David fixed jambalaya for dinner, then we have our ice cream.

At 6:30, Andrea came on Zoom. Steven was busy with Rachel. We talked for about an hour before Andrea signed off. Then David, Sherri and I read and talked about our 9:30 bed time.






No comments:

Post a Comment