Sunday, February 6, 2022

February 6, 2022-Hawaii: Church, Snorkeling and Walking

 


Title: February 6, 2022-Hawaii: Church, Snorkeling and Walking

Hike Info : Description 


Trail head: _
Hike Info:
Type: Snorkeling



Description:

It is now becoming routine. I get up someplace around 6:30 and have breakfast. But today is Sunday, so we hang around for a couple of hours to go to church. Kevin and David like the church called Living Stones on Ali’i drive. We make it there a little after the service started at 9:00. The sermon is based on Matt 5 :38-48. This sermon is more on the practical side of things. What do you think about when someone irritates you? How long do you think about it? And what do you do about it? Good reminder of what Christ calls us to do.


 K
evin then drove us down Ali’i Drive to Kahaluʻu Beach Park. This is a great place to start snorkeling. I think this was my first spot many years ago. There usually is a life guard stationed there. The starting area is shallow, so there is not too much concern with the “what happens” type of things. Sherri has been having some issues with breathing through a tube and putting her face in the water-she is making progress. She does not go completely in, but better this time than last time.

Sherri, Shrimp Burger from Pine Tree




In the meantime,
David has gone out towards the reef. I try to find him, and do. But I only catch a glimpse of him before a current sends me away. I lose sight of him and then get distracted by this fish which looks a bit spiny, a bit covered by strands of moss and is pretty flat. When it goes upright, I think. Seahorse, but then it swims like a fish. what it is. I do not know.

I take a look around and do not see David, so I start in, making slow progress. A few minutes later, I feel a tap and there is David. we both start in, but he beats me by a big margin. not that we are racing-he would still win.

We hang around the picnic area for awhile, during off. then head to Walmart. Kevin drops Sherri and me off at Pine Tree Cafe for lunch while they go to Costco. Sherri has a shrimp burger and I a teriyaki beef bowl. When David and Kevin pick us up, they point out that it is pouring on the mountain. So going on a tour of Thunder Mountain Coffee Plantation would be better on another day.

 

 

Observatories on Mauna Kea

So we return to the condo. Along the way, we see a far away big splash. This splash was made by a whale, a very large one. This has us all a buzz. A little while later, we make it back to the condo. After unloading and getting things put away, I take a shower and rest for a few minutes.

David is going out for a walk and I tag along. We walk to the same place where we saw the sunset Thursday night. It looks real different. Still has a good deal of attraction. When we get back, I am bushed and just sit and veg. At 4:30 we have our Zoom family meeting for about an hour.

By this time, David and Kevin have cooked dinner-spare ribs, potatoes, salad, rice and veggies. a good dinner. This is topped off with ice cream and mochi. Everybody is ready to retire and so am I-it is only 8pm, local time.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment