Friday, October 23, 1970

Places: DC-World War II Memorial

 World War II Memorial-0' (Washington West) (38.8892392, -77.0403759)


Description : Trips : References : Pictures 


Description:

This was our first memorial in DC. It affected me a lot more than I thought it would be. Maybe because this was my parents war. But just being there made me realize the doubt which I have to their generation.

The memorial is laid out in two halfs. One half lays out the battles in the Atlantic; the other in the Pacific.  The whole plaza is surrounded by the flags of the states. In the middle is a fountain. On the far site of the plaza is a small water fall, looking like it comes from the Lincoln Reflection Pool-but it does not. 

A memorial well worth going, if for no other reason to honor those who have fallen.

Trips:

References:
Pictures:


  • March 21, 2023

    March 21, 2023 - Entrance

    March 21, 2023 - California's wreath



No comments:

Post a Comment